Wellcome Trust Scholarship at NU in UK, 2020 – Our team-taught History of Medicine MA draws upon the chronological and geographical breadth of research expertise at Newcastle, ranging from global medical history to classical medicine, and encompassing the medieval, early modern and modern eras, and British, European, South Asian and American histories.
Located within the School of History, Classics and Archaeology, the programme provides students with unique opportunities to explore different methodologies which could expand the scope and ambitions of their research by selecting a module from another degree programme.
Students on the programme can also take advantage of resources coordinated by Newcastle University’s Humanities Research Institute, namely a medical humanities research network, and the Challenge Lab funding scheme, which allows teams of Newcastle University students to develop interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects within the humanities, or between the humanities and other subject areas.
Award holders will also benefit from a series of workshops designed to help them apply their research skills, develop doctoral research projects and enhance their career prospects within and beyond academia.
- Scholarship Program: Wellcome Trust Scholarship.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University.
- Degree Level: Postgraduate.
- Award: 100% of UK/EU fees.
- Nationality: International.
- Can be taken in: UK.
Wellcome Trust Scholarship at NU in UK, 2020
- hold an offer of admission for the MA History of Medicine
- hold, or expect to achieve, a 1st class honours degree or international equivalent
The sponsorship will be awarded in MA History of Medicine.
Programs offered by Newcastle University, Click Here.
The scholarship includes the UK/EU rate of tuition fee. 100% of UK/EU fees plus an annual living allowance of £15,000 and a personal research and development fund of £500. Successful international candidates will be required to fund the difference between UK/EU fees and international fees.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] and should include the following:
- a personal statement of no more than 1 side of A4, outlining why you want to study the MA in the History of Medicine
- a proposal for your masters dissertation project of no more than one side of A4
- a CV of no more than 2 sides of A4
Applicants must need to complete a scholarship statement as part of the application, in which they should demonstrate their leadership skills.
NOTE: Generally, applications may be online, via e-mail or mail, and can be in Web Page, Word or PDF format. And after entering any link you will be directed directly to the requested page.
For more information about the scholarship Click Here.
Application Deadline is April 1, 2020