Equal Access Awards at York in UK, 2020 – We’re pleased to offer one Equal Access Scholarship for a taught postgraduate student seeking refuge in the UK.
The University of York is dedicated to world-leading research and teaching. It a wide range of degree programs specifically designed to educate the students to be a world-class engineer and maximize their full potential.
Why at the University of York? At this university, the students will get the best facilities for conducting their studies in the proper way. It helps students to develop skills to land their dream job.
- Scholarship Program: Equal Access Scholarships.
- University or Organization: University of York.
- Degree Level: Postgraduate taught.
- Award: £10,660 plus full fee waiver.
- Nationality: International.
- Can be taken in: UK.
Equal Access Awards at York in UK, 2020
Open to International (non-EU) students only.
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of York for 2020
- have applied for asylum before you have applied for a place at university
- not have access to mainstream funding, eg student finance or a local authority grant.
Your current immigration status can be described as one of the following:
- Discretionary/limited leave to remain (DLR/ LLR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Awaiting a decision on application for refugee status
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Refused Asylum Seeker – your application for refugee status has been refused and you have submitted an appeal or a fresh claim
- A dependent or partner of any of the above status groups
If you have already been granted Refugee Status or Humanitarian Protection Status, you may be eligible for financial support from Student Finance England (gov.uk).
You will not be eligible if you are applying to study at Hull York Medical School
The sponsorship will be awarded for Postgraduate taught program in any subject offered by the university.
Programs offered by University of York, Click Here.
- a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees).
- a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs.
How to Apply
Application deadline: Thursday 30 April 2020, 11.59pm BST
You must apply online for this scholarship using our scholarship application form.
As part of the application, you will need to provide:
- Your York Application ID (this is 9 digits long and can be found on your offer letter)
- A personal statement
- Evidence of your asylum status, for example your biometric residence permit
You may be asked to provide an additional reference in support of your application from a school, college, community or voluntary group. We will contact you directly if we require this.
We recommend that you prepare your personal statement before you start your application. You will need to:
- Describe your family circumstances and the barriers you have overcome in order to continue with your education, with specific reference to your current status in the UK.
- You should include information on when you arrived in the UK, your country of origin and the current status of your application for asylum.
- You do not need to give details of the events that led to you seeking asylum unless you wish to do so.
- Maximum 400 words
- Explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future.
- Maximum 300 words
NOTE: Generally, applications may be online, via e-mail or mail, and can be in Web Page, Word or PDF format. And after entering any link you will be directed directly to the requested page.
For more information about the scholarship Click Here.
Application Deadline is April 30, 2020