Doctoral Studentships at CUL in UK, 2020 – The School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London is offering 20 full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2020/21 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, European and International graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School’s key research areas.
Located in the heart of London, the City, University of London is a leading global university committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions. It is ranked as the 351st best university in the world.
Why at the City, University of London? The university offers world-class education and a large number of employment opportunities for students. At the City University of London, students can get the work experience that may be required for their future career.
- Scholarship Program: School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering Doctoral Studentships.
- University or Organization: City, University of London.
- Degree Level: Doctoral.
- Award: £16,000.
- Nationality: International.
- Can be taken in: UK.
Doctoral Studentships at CUL in UK, 2020
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research. Prospective applicants must:
- Hold a good honours degree (normally no less than a second class honours degree or an equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, if the first degree is in a different subject area, we can consider applications from those with a good Master’s Degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of their proposed research;
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of oral and written English;
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must meet any one or a combination of the following:
- A minimum IELTS average score of 6.5; with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components
- The award of a Masters’ degree, the teaching of which was in English from an English Speaking country.
School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics
- Computer Science
- Library and Information Science
Programs offered by City, University of London, Click Here.
A doctoral studentship will provide:
- An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2020/21)
- Full tuition fee for Home and EU students. Applications from international applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the international and home tuition fee.
How to Apply
Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research in any of the departments listed below. You are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. Please visit the research degrees web pages in the Programs section for further information.
The online application can be found in the How to apply section on each of the Research Degree pages listed in the Programs section and should include the following supporting documents.
- Research proposal. Guidance on how to write a research proposal
- Copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in official English translation – original will be requested before an offer is made.
- Official work e-mail addresses (not private ones) for two referees (one of which must be an academic).
- Proof of English Language proficiency (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language.
NOTE: Generally, applications may be online, via e-mail or mail, and can be in Web Page, Word or PDF format. And after entering any link you will be directed directly to the requested page.
For more information about the scholarship Click Here.
Application Deadline is April 20, 2020